Many of my clients come to me with constipation issues. There are several natural remedies that can help your bowels eliminate dried, old, decaying fecal matter; however, finding the root of the problem is most important. In many cases, slow transit time has to do with what we eat. Having a food sensitivity will either slow or quicken your transit time. Often I have clients go on an elimination diet to find out what foods their system has taken offense too. Once this is discovered, many of their problems disappear.
However, getting to that point takes time and in the mean time we need to get your bowels moving on a regular basis. Following are some suggestions and often a combination of products is necessary.
At the clinic we sell products that assist the bowels that are simple to use and effective.
Is a superfood and provides the nutrients needed to assist and repair the bowel. It is free of gluten and psyllium and is a natural fiber food that sweeps your colon clean!
Is a total body detox which effectively cleanses the colon, detoxifies the liver, relieves constipation, indigestion and bloating and can assist in weight loss.
Is one of the top 5 probiotics with 7 billion probiotic cultures per capsule. It helps maintain a healthy balance of intestinal flora and promote digestive health.
Add 1-3 tablespoons mixed with your daily water intake. It helps to rebuild and replenish red blood cells, which will increase your energy! Chlorophyll has the power to regenerate our bodies at the molecular and cellular level and is known to help cleanse the body, fight infection, help heal wounds, and promote the health of the circulatory, digestive, immune, and detoxification systems. Other benefits:
- Anti carcinogenic antioxidant & anti-inflammatory
- Chelation of heavy metals
- Treats bad breath
- Rapid delivery of magnesium
- Contains Vitamin K, C, folic acid, iron, calcium and protein
In addition to these products, you might want to try some of the following suggestions as well.
- Aloe Vera Juice – 2 tablespoons per day – whole leaf, organic if possible.
- Apple Juice – ½ cup per day – unsweetened, organic is best.
- Vitamin C – 2000 iu twice a day – is a natural stool softener, helps heal colon tissue and helps to oxygenate tissues.
- Magnesium Citrate – hydrates the colon – take at bedtime with your calcium.
- Potassium – 50mg 3 times a day – taken for nutritional support, helps maintain electrolyte balance, helps bowel peristalsis.
- Flaxseed oil or Ground Flaxseeds – 1 table spoon 2 times a day – morning/evening – provides lubrication, helps cell oxygenation as well as supports proper brain and nerve function.
Combining some of these products with colon hydrotherapy is a much faster road to recovery. Your colon muscle gains strength with each cleanse and the plaque that is stuck to the colon walls is decreased much faster. Once your colon is clean and healed your constipation problems will be in your past!!